Monday, April 26, 2010

Sookie Stackhouse Series = 42 down, 58 to go

I'm more than a little behind in updating this blog...like approximately 15 books behind in posting. So this post will be quick one as I need to get back on track. This entry counts as the remaining nine books in my fantasy category and one in my recommendation classification.

My friend, Robin, recommended the very excellent Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris.

Sookie Stackhouse is the main character and just your average barmaid...except for the fact that she's a telepath. She starts dating a vampire...you know, after vampires have come out publicly out of the proverbial closet after the invention of synthetic blood. And so begins the adventures of her life...vampires, were animals, fairies...along with her fair share of drama, violence and of course, a little romance and sex thrown in. 


Dead Until Dark
Living Dead in Dallas
Club Dead

Dead to the World

Dead as a Doornail

Definitely Dead

All Together Dead

From Dead to Worse

Dead and Gone

Dead in the Family


The bonus is that the HBO series True Blood is based on these books. Looks like it's time to rent some DVDs.

2 comments:

  1. I finished the new one a few weeks ago. Have you watched the series yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished the new one on vacation. I haven't watched the series yet. I'm DVRing the new season, but need to get my hands on the DVDs for the first two before I watch them.

    ReplyDelete